Sunday, May 2, 2010

$15,000 Raised for Costumer! Message from Barbara Gensler

WOW is all I can say. And the list makes me cry-I am so touched. I remember all of those on the list that I had the good fortune to work with; on stage and back stage. We remember the hundreds of hours that we spent working together, the joy and the pain of long rehearsals where each person worked to his or her capacity and sometimes beyond. We remember opening night, when a Shorewood costumed cast took their places and the house became silent and the "techies" pulled the curtain and turned on the magic and the audience was transported to the world of the production. We knew that we had done our very best and that we could do anything, if we set our goals and worked tirelessly to achieve that goal. But can you imagine doing How to Succeed in Business without a costumer, or doing Hello Dolly without a costumer or Pippin or Joseph or 42nd Street or Barnum or A Chorus Line or Chess or Cabaret or Les Miserables or any other musical that has been done on the Shorewood stage without a costumer.
Since the Shorewood Theater was built, there were no limitations to how big we dreamed and how high we soared and that happened because of the unique tradition of excellence that I fell heir to long ago. I would like to pass that on in tact to the next lucky director so that SHS Drama moves onward and upward.
Thanks, Jenny and I thank all of the donors. barb

No comments:

Post a Comment