Monday, July 12, 2010

A Very Special Weekend

Dear SHS Alumni Community past, present and future: Shorewood is a special Place.

Volunteers, participants, band members - we are all equally responsible for a wonderful weekend of hugs and welcoming each other back home.

Here's to the little engine that could, for making stone soup turn into a united village, and for so many warm and wonderful feelings towards one another, the school, and the place we all called home at one point.

It is very special to me to be able to make this happen, and I love that people from the Classes of 1933 to 2010 ran into people they haven't seen in years. How could this NOT be an annual event?! Same time next year!

Uh Rah Rah Rah, Shorewood red and grey, you are my home, you are my family, you are the closely knit community that will now help me raise my children. It was a magical and transcendent weekend that overrode all organizational boundaries within the district. Thank you so much for letting me lead. Thank you for trusting me that this wacky huge party idea was going to be a hit, and thank you for everyone who came forward to contribute.

To share your pictures: Upload them here and check out others' pictures! http://picasaweb.google.com/115689662577691049249/2010AllClassReunionConcertPicnic#

Check out John O'Hara's professional photographer's Handiwork! Any orders from this site go to help the SHS Alumni Association!

Concert: http://johnohara.zenfolio.com/reunionconcert
Picnic:  http://johnohara.zenfolio.com/p560632817/h20e71ef9#h20e71ef9

No comments:

Post a Comment